Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Best Low Carb S3X in A Pan #dessert #lowcarb

My best friend makes the best desserts. Actually. She posted a no sugar, low carb dessert a couple weeks ago on her Facebook and I couldn’t help but try it.

It is layers upon layers; hence the six in a pan, which to put in her own words, “…is actually named something a bit more scandalous, but it’s one of my favorite desserts. Since I try to avoid sugar I whipped up a guilt free, low carb version.”

I’m super stoked that she said I could share it on my blog. She’s pretty great. This serves about 9.


You’ll Need:


Layer one:

  • 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
  • 1/4 coconut flour
  • 1/4 ground flax seed
  • 2 TBSP melted butter
  • Pinch of salt
  • Stevia/Erythritol to taste

Mix up, spread in a greased 9×9 pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.

Layer 2:

  • 3/4 cup softened cream cheese
  • 1/4 Greek yogurt
  • 3/4 cup whipped cream
  • Small splash lemon juice
  • Stevia/erythritol to taste

Whip ingredients together then spread over cooled crust.

Layer 3: (pudding recipe from Trim Healthy Mama book)

  • 1-1/2 cups almond milk
  • Pinch of salt
  • Stevia/Erythritol to taste*
  • 1 tsp glucomannan powder

*I like using this blend of both!

Blend in blender for 30 seconds and let it rest for 30 seconds.
Then blend again till thick. It takes a minute for the glucomannan to do it’s thickening magic.

Layer 4:
Same as last layer plus 2 tbsp. cocoa.

Layer 5:
1-1/2 whipped cream sweetened with stevia.

Layer 6:
Grated 85 percent dark chocolate.
Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.